31 May 2010
28 May 2010
This is a test kernel, I don’t tested enough, but works for me (and maybe doesn’t work for you).
Initial release, based on Main Dingux Kernel
Optimized for size
Release for test only (things may broke)
Some hardware testing
Removing unused debug and governors from CPU frequency scalling
Adding Ingenic RTC SoC (from bkc_a320 @ Dingoonity)
Removing unused logic from Kernel Hacking
27 May 2010
I’m working on a simple entry in gentoo-wiki.com for MIPsel and related.
At this point I have a proper configured environment for cross-compile stuff for my dingux.
Comments and sugestions are welcome.
18 May 2010
Why I gave up with gentoo:
- I'm using Gentoo since 2001 and Funtoo since 2007. Funtoo is very well maintained and better than gentoo (if compared with the main gentoo portage tree), but isn't to me anymore. It's not even updated well than expected. For a little server (like my home server), Gentoo/Funtoo is a good one. For my desktop, it's other story.
- The Gentoo Consil is a bad joke IMHO, but I'll not talk about this.
- Portage is turning into a snowball, even more code added, more things are messed up.
- Just read the documentation and you'll see with your own eyes.
- The main tree is easily to interact and good to fix things.
- The community is exactly what I want: People trying to make the things work and not all this people just complaining why something doesn't work without trying to fix by himself.
- MUCH BETTER build control method than Gentoo.
- The "options" systems are MUCH MORE IMPROOVED than USEFLAGS from Gentoo
12 May 2010
Just an advise:
If you’re reinstalling your system without using the recovery dvd, NEVER install the updates after ThinkVantage System Update. There’s a bug that will screw your windows installer forever and will force you to reinstall the entire OS.
Just install the system, update with System Update, and them, update your windows using Windows Update.
06 May 2010
Abraham Lincoln, at the height of our Civil War, confided, “I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction I had nowhere else to go.”There was nothing theoretical about our 16th president’s faith. Indeed, the final Act of Congress he signed before his assassination was the one that placed “In God We Trust” on all our currency.That’s not Bible thumping. That’s just basic American history.
Yet a Wisconsin judge, Barbara Crabb, personifying the pathological secularism now rampant in our judiciary, recently ruled that the National Day of Prayer, which will be celebrated in communities across the land tomorrow, is unconstitutional because, she contends, the government should not influence an individual’s decision to pray.
[Crabb would] have had a hard time making that case the day after the World Trade Center attacks when members of Congress linked arms on the Capitol grounds and sang, “God Bless America.”She’d have had an even harder time two days later when five former presidents and the entire U.S. Supreme Court joined those members of Congress for a nationally televised prayer service.
04 May 2010
As well, my example as used and tested in my home-server using Gentoo and my work testing server Ubuntu.
02 May 2010
Lenovo SL400 have a strange keyboard (the keys positions) and one of this keys (/ ?) doesn’t work with the regular ABNT2 layout. Just save this into a file.reg and execute, reboot, and will work properly:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
01 May 2010
gconftool -s --type bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false
sudo mv /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service.disabled
gconftool-2 --type string --set "/apps/metacity/general/button_layout" "menu:minimize,maximize,close"