I am pleased to announce that we have shipped CrossOver 7 for both Macintosh and Linux. New in Version 7 is support for Microsoft Office 2007, dramatically improved support for Outlook 2003 and Internet Explorer 6, and a broad range of improvements that should bring improvements to all Windows applications.
For our Linux customers, it also brings expanded support for most Adobe programs, with Photoshop CS and CS2 working particularly well.
For our Macintosh customers, this release also brings a change in our product mix. We are now providing "CrossOver Mac Standard" and "CrossOver Mac Professional". The new Standard product will mirror
the Linux Standard product, in that it will be a lower priced product with more basic support and no multiple user support. The new CrossOver Mac Professional product replaces the existing CrossOver Mac product. It continues to have our best support, support for multiple users, and, CrossOver Mac Pro continues to come with a complimentary copy of CrossOver Games. If you have purchased CrossOver Mac in the past, you have been automatically upgraded to a CrossOver Mac Pro license.
Finally, another major benefit of 7.0 is that it includes many of the elements of Wine 1.0, which was also released today. This is a major milestone for us, and for the Wine project. Our many years of work, and your many years of supporting our work, have enabled us to help bring Wine to this milestone. I am very proud to have been part of this, and very grateful for all the support of our customers, advocates, and fellow Wine developers.
If you are an existing CrossOver customer with an active support entitlement, you can visit our web site to download this latest version: www.codeweavers.com
You will need to log in with the email and password that you used when
purchasing CrossOver. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with this process.
Thanks again for all your support, and I hope that you enjoy CrossOver 7!
Version 7.0 Changelog:
New application support:
- Office 2007 (Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Adobe Photoshop CS and CS2
- Added support for the "Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system" so that Office 2003 can open Office 2007 documents
- Greatly improved online banking integration in Quicken 2007 and 2008
- Greatly improved Outlook behavior, particularly with Exchange servers
- Fixed service pack support for several versions of Office
- Improved IE support in win2000 and winxp bottles (though win98 is still better)
- Improved support for modern Linux distributions (especially Ubuntu)
- Fixed a seriously horrible interaction with the Logitech Control Center documents from Office 2007
- This version also includes countless Wine fixes and synchronizes with Wine 1.0.
- Many small bugs should be fixed, and unsupported application behavior should be greatly improved.
Source: Wine Reviews